Last updated: July 25, 2023
Interpretation and Definitions
Interpretation: Words with capitalized initial letters have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions apply regardless of whether they appear in the singular or plural form.
- Account: A unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Organization: Refers to the Kelowna General Hospital Foundation, a registered non-profit organization located at 2312 Pandosy Street, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
- Cookies: Small files placed on your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website to collect browsing history details and serve various purposes.
- Country: Refers to the province of British Columbia, Canada.
- Device: Any device capable of accessing our Service, such as a computer, cellphone, or digital tablet.
- Personal Data: Any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service: Refers to the Website.
- Service Provider: Any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Organization. It includes third-party companies or individuals employed by the Organization to facilitate the Service, provide the Service on our behalf, perform services related to the Service, or assist the Organization in analyzing Service usage.
- Usage Data: Data collected automatically when you use the Service.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected:
- Personal Data: While using our Service, we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data: Usage Data is collected automatically when you use the Service. It may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons: Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit the Organization to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Organization may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service: This includes monitoring the usage of our Service and ensuring its functionality.
- To manage Your Account: We use the Personal Data You provide to manage Your registration as a user of the Service and grant access to the Service’s functionalities available to registered users.
- To contact You: We may use Your contact information to communicate with You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication. This includes updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products, or services You have inquired about or interacted with.
- To provide You with news and offers: With Your consent, we may send You news, special offers, and general information about the Organization’s initiatives, events, and projects.
- To manage Your requests: We process Your information to attend and manage Your requests to Us, such as inquiries or support requests.
- For data analysis and service improvement: We may use Your information for data analysis, identifying usage trends, and evaluating and improving our Service, products, services, marketing, and user experience.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The Organization does not share or disclose Your personal information with third parties except for the following circumstances:
- With Service Providers: We may engage Service Providers to assist us in providing the Service and support functions on our behalf. These Service Providers will be obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of Your Personal Data and will only process it in accordance with our instructions.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your explicit consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service is not directed to anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from individuals under 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If we become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
We use the following third-party services to enhance and improve our Service:
- Online Donation Processor: https://www.crowdchange.co/privacy
- Google: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/
- Meta Advertising: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/policy/
- LinkedIn Advertising: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Snapchat Advertising: https://values.snap.com/privacy/ads-privacy
- Microsoft Advertising: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-ca/resources/policies/microsoft-advertising-privacy-policy
- WPForms: https://wpforms.com/privacy-policy/
- MailChimp: https://mailchimp.com/legal/
- LiteSpeed Cache: https://www.litespeedtech.com/company/privacy-policy
- WordPress: https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/
- Blackbaud: https://www.blackbaud.com/company/privacy-policy/north-america
Data Processing Basis
We process Your Personal Data based on the following legal bases:
- Legitimate interests: We may process Your data for our legitimate interests, such as improving our Service and tailoring content to better meet Your needs, as long as such processing does not outweigh Your rights and freedoms.
- Consent: Where required by law, we will obtain Your explicit consent before processing Your data for certain purposes.
For data processing activities that require Your consent, we will provide clear mechanisms for You to provide or withdraw Your consent. You may withdraw Your consent at any time by contacting us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section.
Data Subject Rights
You have the right to access, rectify, and erase Your Personal Data. You may also have the right to data portability, the right to object to certain data processing activities, and the right to withdraw consent. If You wish to exercise any of these rights or have any concerns about how Your data is processed, please contact Us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section.
Data Breach Notification
In the event of a data breach that may result in a risk to Your rights and freedoms, We will notify You and the relevant data protection authority as required by law. We will take appropriate measures to address the breach and mitigate its effects.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If You believe that Your data protection rights have been violated, You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia (OIPC). You can contact OIPC through their website: https://www.oipc.bc.ca/for-the-public/how-do-i-make-a-complaint/
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: (250)-862-4438