For Patient & Family Centred Care
Do you have a great idea on how to improve care for the patients of Interior Health? Nobody knows the patient experience and opportunities for improvement better than those working the front line so we’re looking to you to help us make a difference in their stay.
The KGH Foundation has launched a Grants Program for Patient & Family Centred Care. Any Interior Health employee or medical staff from the Central Okanagan region can submit an application for a proposal that moves patient and centred care forward.
Grants up to $5,000 will be considered. Funding is provided through the proceeds of the KGH Foundation’s 50/50 Staff Lottery and the Blossom Time Fair hosted by the Auxiliaries to the KGH Foundation. This is an opportunity for staff to have a voice in how those funds are directed.
Selected Applications for September 30, 2019
This quarter, we were able to provide funding for 6 requests totaling just under $12,200.
The grants selected this quarter include:
- KGH – Improvements to the Morgue Viewing Room
- BKN – Portable Hair Dryer for Resident Services
- CTW – Nustep Equipment Accessories for Short Stay Client Occupational Therapy
- KGH – Patient Wellness & Recreation Items for 4 East
- KGH – TV and DVD Players for ICU A & B Patients
- KGH – 3 Recliner Chairs for the Emergency Waiting Room
To date, 100 applications have received $252,195 thanks to funding made available through the KGH Staff Lotto. Don’t forget to get your application in for the next deadline: December 31, 2019.
- Applications must demonstrate the impact on patient care and ability to move healthcare forward in our community.
- Available funds will support a variety of locations and services within Interior Health including acute care, care facilities, community health & mental health programming.
- Projects eligible for funding through current Interior Health channels like the operating budget or the annual capital equipment process will not be considered.
- All Interior Health approval processes must still be met including completion of a Funding Confirmation Form and submission of supporting cost information.
- Only applications directly benefiting the health of patients and families within the Central Okanagan will be considered.
- Complete & submit an Application Form to the KGH Foundation office. (Download Application Form in Chrome Browser for Fillable PDF Option)
- In person: main floor of KGH’s Centennial Building
- Fax: 250-862-4377
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly and successful applicants will be recommended to the KGH Foundation by the PFCC Selection Committee representing stakeholders from all of the IH service areas.
- Deadlines: March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31
- All applicants will receive notification following the review meeting.
- Funds will be available for a limited time and must be expended within the time frame specified by the KGH Foundation.
- Once the project/equipment is purchased and in operation, the successful applicant will be responsible for notifying the KGH Foundation and providing images & stories of the impact the grant has made on patient care.
Have your say in how we improve Patient & Family Centred Care!
Download Application in Chrome Browser for Fillable PDF OptionApplication
For more information, contact:
KAITLIN MAIER | Director of Grants and Fund Management
250.862.4300 local 7013