For Patient & Family Centred Care
Do you have a great idea on how to improve care for the patients of Interior Health? Nobody knows the patient experience and opportunities for improvement better than those working the front line so we’re looking to you to help us make a difference in their stay.
The KGH Foundation has launched a Grants Program for Patient & Family Centred Care. Any Interior Health employee or medical staff from the Central Okanagan region can submit an application for a proposal that moves patient and centred care forward.
Grants up to $5,000 will be considered. Funding is provided through the proceeds of the KGH Foundation’s 50/50 Staff Lottery and the Blossom Time Fair hosted by the Auxiliaries to the KGH Foundation. This is an opportunity for staff to have a voice in how those funds are directed.
Selected Applications for December 31st, 2018
This quarter, we were able to provide funding for 10 requests totaling almost $20,000.
The grants selected this quarter include:
- Cara Centre – Sensory Equipment
- KGH 4 East – Palliative Room
- KGH Emergency – Patient Belonging Cupboards
- KGH OT – Liftware Feeding Set
- KGH Rehab Short Stay – Dynamic Discharge Whiteboards
- KGH Speech Language – SCCAN Tool for Neurorehab
- KGH Speech Language – Language Therapy Apps
The 2019 Blossom Time Fair will also support:
- CTW – Private Function Curtains
- KGH ICU – iPad Communication Tablet
- KGH Rehab/Psych – Music Glove Hand Therapy Suite
In 2017 you helped…
provide funding for 25 incredible projects throughout the Central Okanagan totaling over $63,000.
From writing tables for Speech-Language Pathology and a music therapy program at Cottonwoods, to a patient teaching video for the Cath Lab and prosthetic feet for trial in Rehab, you have touch many lives.
Stay tuned for updates on where the 2016 funds went throughout the year. And let’s make 2017 an even bigger success!
- Applications must demonstrate the impact on patient care and ability to move healthcare forward in our community.
- Available funds will support a variety of locations and services within Interior Health including acute care, care facilities, community health & mental health programming.
- Projects eligible for funding through current Interior Health channels like the operating budget or the annual capital equipment process will not be considered.
- All Interior Health approval processes must still be met including completion of a Funding Confirmation Form and submission of supporting cost information.
- Only applications directly benefitting the health of patients and families within the Central Okanagan will be considered.
- Complete & submit an Application Form to the KGH Foundation office.
- In person: main floor of KGH’s Centennial Building
- Fax: 250-862-4377
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly and successful applicants will be recommended to the KGH Foundation by the PFCC Selection Committee representing stakeholders from all of the IH service areas.
- Deadlines: March 31, June 30, September 30, December 31
- All applicants will receive notification following the review meeting.
- Funds will be available for a limited time and must be expended within the time frame specified by the KGH Foundation.
- Once the project/equipment is purchased and in operation, the successful applicant will be responsible for notifying the KGH Foundation and providing images & stories of the impact the grant has made on patient care.
Have your say in how we improve Patient & Family Centred Care!
For more information, contact:
Director of Annual Programs
250.862.4300 local 7018