For Patient & Family Centred Care
Do you have a great idea on how to improve care for the patients of Interior Health?
Nobody knows the patient experience and opportunities for improvement better than those working the front line so we’re looking for IH workers to help us make a difference for patients.
The KGH Foundation has launched a Grants Program for Patient & Family Centred Care. Any Interior Health employee or medical staff from the Central Okanagan region can submit an application for a proposal that moves patient and centred care forward.
Grants up to $5,000 will be considered. Funding is provided through the proceeds of the KGH Foundation Interior Health Staff 50/50 Staff Lottery and the Blossom Time Fair hosted by the Auxiliaries to the KGH Foundation. This is an opportunity for staff to have a voice in how those funds are directed.
Selected Applications for December 31, 2020
This quarter, we were able to provide funding for 12 requests totaling $19,861
The grants selected this quarter include:
- QCPR Life Support Manikins for Cardiac Services
- Lock Boxes for the Quick Response Team
- Patient Equipment and Cabinets for the Senior’s Health and Wellness Centre
- Indigenous Smudge Bundles
- Reducing Diabetes Distress Project for Teens
- iPad for the Children’s Assessment Network
- Couch for the Mental Health Assessment/Family Room in the Emergency Department at KGH
- Portable Entertainment Station for the Residents at Brookhaven
- Voice Therapy and Speech after Stroke Manuals for KGH Speech Language
- Pocket Talkers for Three Links Manor and KGH Speech Language
To date, 145 applications have received $344,723 thanks to funding made available through the KGH Foundation Interior Health 50/50 Staff Lotto and the Blossom Time Fair.
- Applications must demonstrate the impact on patient care and ability to move healthcare forward in our community.
- Available funds will support a variety of locations and services within Interior Health including acute care, care facilities, community health & mental health programming.
- Projects eligible for funding through current Interior Health channels like the operating budget or the annual capital equipment process will not be considered.
- All Interior Health approval processes must still be met including completion of a Funding Confirmation Form and submission of supporting cost information.
- Only applications directly benefiting the health of patients and families within the Central Okanagan will be considered.
- Complete & submit an Application Form to the KGH Foundation office. (Download Application Form in Chrome Browser for Fillable PDF Option)
- In person: KGH Foundation Office – Clinical Academic Campus at KGH
- Fax: 250-862-4377
- Email: email@example.com
- Applications will be reviewed quarterly and successful applicants will be recommended to the KGH Foundation by the PFCC Selection Committee representing stakeholders from all of the IH service areas.
- Deadlines are March 31, June 30, Sept. 30 and Dec.31.
- All applicants will receive notification following the review meeting.
- Funds will be available for a limited time and must be expended within the time frame specified by the KGH Foundation.
- Once the project/equipment is purchased and in operation, the successful applicant will be responsible for notifying the KGH Foundation and providing images & stories of the impact the grant has made on patient care.
Have your say in how we improve Patient & Family Centred Care!
Download Application in Chrome Browser for Fillable PDF OptionApplication
For more information, contact:
Melina Moran | Manager of Grants and Fund Management
250.862.4300 local 7013